Tips for saving money when buying car insurance
These money saving tips can save you a ton of money when buying car insurance!
1. To save the most money on your car insurance, make sure to compare quotes from online companies AND local agents!
2. When comparing multiple car insurance quotes, make sure the liability limits and physical damage deductibles are identical on each quote!
3. Higher physical damage deductibles can save money on your car insurance premiums. Consider $500 or even $1,000 deductibles if you can pay them if you have a claim!
4. Insuring an older car? Consider dropping collision and/or comprehensive coverage on cars worth less than 10 times the premium!
5. Package your home and auto insurance with the same insurer for as much as 20% savings!
6. Your credit rating impacts your car insurance premium substantially. Clean up your credit and save as much as 50% on your car insurance!
7. Make sure your annual mileage is correct on your policy, as low-mileage vehicles may qualify for a discount!
8. Staying with a company for the long-term may earn you a longevity discount or better insurance rates!
9. Ask your agent about special discounts for senior citizens, group memberships or organization affiliation!
10. If your vehicle has passive restraints such as automatic seat belts or airbags, make sure you are getting the proper discounts on your car insurance!
11. Check to see if you're paying for towing or rental reimbursement coverage on your current policy. If you don't need it, don't pay for it!
12. By shopping well ahead of your current policy renewal, you can obtain a discount from some companies for quoting early!
13. If you take a safe-driver training course, most companies offer discounts on your car insurance!
14. If possible, pay your full policy premium in one payment. Most companies charge installment fees for monthly or quarterly premium payments!
15. Let up on the gas! Speeding tickets and other moving violations increase your car insurance premiums substantially!
16. Before buying that new car, quote the insurance coverage to see how it compares to alternative, lower-premium vehicles!
17. By installing after-market alarm or security systems, you could obtain a discount from most car insurance companies!
18. Don't let your car insurance lapse! Gaps in your insurance coverage will cost you more on your car insurance!
19. Do you have drivers who are good students? Most companies offer discounts to teenage drivers who maintain a certain grade point average in school!
20. Is your child a college student away from home with no vehicle? You could obtain significant savings by rating them accordingly.
21. Make sure your vehicles are rated for the correct location. Mis-rated vehicles can cost you a lot of extra premium!
22. Double check your vehicle model and body-type on your policy. Vehicles that have been mistakenly rated as 2-door instead of 4-door or LX instead of GX can cost you more money!
23. By insuring that parked "clunker" for liability-only coverage, you can obtain multi-vehicle discounts which could more than offset the increased premium!
24. Double check your accident history and make sure you're not being surcharged for accidents that weren't your fault!
25. Ask your agent to shop your coverage around! As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
26. Drive safe! Drivers with no accidents or violations will pay substantially lower rates than their accident-prone counterparts!
27. By not submitting those small claims to your insurance company, you can maintain your claims-free discount. This may actually save you more than what you would collect on those small claims!